Translate this page into:

Welcome!




Welcome to Nolver's Science Corner! If you would like to read my blog, visit my website on Nolver's Cozy Corner. This page is dedicated to people who are into scientific subjects. Don't hesitate to be a member of this page!

For tags, visit my website on Nolver's Pretty Tags, for PSP tubes, visit my page on Nolver's Cool PSP Tubes. For my personal blog, visit my page on Nolver's Room.

**Always scroll down to read the actual post**


©2013-2017 Nolver's Science Corner. Images with my watermark are copyrighted by me, so I reserve all rights. It is not allowed to edit or to modify the pictures in any way. It is not allowed to use the images/backgrounds from the layout and from the welcome box. Please respect my work.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Is olive skin really referring to a creamy coloured skin tone?


We are told that olive skin refers to people who have a cream coloured skin tone. A skin tone like the pictures of the people below:



http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/news/660/371/College%20Latinos.jpg?ve=1&tl=1



http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/65/a4/c7/65a4c773b9ec45593a3a317e3229010a.jpg



https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSw8y02G7_R6mZLGawbk9jo_ga55eZhwOls_L4chOsRzcHIEZ9e




http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/fn-latino/lifestyle/660/371/Jennifer%20Barreto-Leyva%207%20crop.jpg?ve=1&tl=1



The truth is: an olive complexion have always been in reference to black skinned people, with the deepest, darkest hue. There are two types of olives in the world, a black olive and a green olive.  There is no single person on this planet that has the colour of a green olive, but there are people with a jet black olive coloured skin tone. Olive skin means jet black skin. Below are pictures of people who are very dark and a picture of black olives:































If you have seen the pictures, decide for yourself  whether this reference is wrong or not.



Source: http://www.angelfire.com/ill/hebrewisrael/redruddy.html


12 comments:

  1. I have to admit: this explanation sounds very logical to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people which are depicted here are strangely so beautiful...!

      Delete
  2. I've Always suspected this!!

    Very interesting. M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really know what to say, but you could be right though. Food for thinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik wist niet dat ze dit zo noemen in het Engels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reference can be right or wrong, but in the end our skin colour is not very important, but our attitude towards each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well that sounds good but isn't true. you haven't been on the receiving end of hate/malice because of your black skin

      we have to tell the truth and not lie

      olive skin is referring to black people of the darkest hue

      Delete
  6. I agree with the reference, since I didn´t understand why they called the creamy skin colour ´olive´ skin...this makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are definitely correct but like everything in this world us black people are discredited constantly

    our very history has been/ is being stolen from us black people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone else: thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete